SCHOOL TRIPS UPDATE (as of 2nd july 2020)
- Skiing – Insurance claim pending (no further information to provide at this time)
- Washington/New York – ATOL claim pending (Nn further information to provide at this time)
- Year 8 English Trip – The Lion King – Refunds being processed, parents will be contacted soon
- Year 8 Maths PGL Trip – Negotiations with PGL ongoing
- Year 10 Geography Trip to Glanllyn – Refunds being processed, parents will be contacted soon
- CFF Trip to Penally – Refunds being processed, parents will be contacted soon
- Rosslyn Park – Refunds being processed, parents will be contacted soon
Attached to the tabs below are updates for those pupils from Years 9 – 13 who are expecting external exam results this summer. Once we receive further information as to how results days are to be organised this year we will update you here.
A MESSAGE FROM THE HEADTEACHER
Treorchy Comprehensive School prides itself on being a ‘community school committed to excellence’. With this in mind I hope that you are all looking after yourselves and each other by following government guidance regarding social distancing and self-isolation by staying at home.
During this period of uncertainty, I would like to reassure you that we continue to plan and prepare to provide our pupils with the best education and opportunities to meet their individual needs whenever the time comes for them to return to school.
We very much hope that we will see our pupils sooner rather than later, but in the meantime work has been provided for them on Microsoft Teams. Information on how to access this can be found here.
With the future in mind, it is a pleasure and privilege to present the school’s website to you and I hope the information presented will give you a real insight into the services that Treorchy Comprehensive School provides for our pupils, parents and all of our community partners.
Our school serves the Upper Rhondda and there are currently approximately 1600 students educated at the school, over 350 of whom are in the Sixth form.
The ethos of the school is firmly embedded in our core values of RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY and ASPIRATION. An extensive and flexible curriculum, excellent pastoral care and a rich and diverse programme of enrichment activities ensure that all our pupils thrive within a caring and supportive atmosphere.
We extend an equally warm welcome to current pupils and their families, potential new pupils and their families and anyone else interested in seeing what we do and how we do it at Treorchy Comprehensive School. If you would like further details or to visit the school, we would be delighted to hear from you.